- Top 7 hikes in Portugal: from the beaches to the mountains
6 min read • May 12, 2023
Portugal has a hike to suit every ability – from coastal strolls to multi-day treks through mountains and ancient Roman routes. Here's our pick of the best.
- Lake Tahoe's alpine waters are the clearest in decades. Here's why
2 min read • May 11, 2023
The gorgeous crystalline waters in North America's largest alpine lake are the clearest they've been since the 1980s.
- Exploring India’s Western Ghats: trains, tea and terrific wildlife spotting
8 min read • May 11, 2023
Straddling the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, this mountain range delivers scenic tea plantations, memorable train journeys, amazing wildlife and more.
- Porto in 5 Shops: quirky souvenirs, textiles and traditions
4 min read • May 9, 2023
Porto's best independent shops pull shoppers in some unexpected, quirky directions
- 15 best things to do in France: the most unmissable experiences from Paris to Provence and beyond
10 min read • May 8, 2023
(Warning: this article will make you want to book a trip.)
- 8 of the best things to do with kids in Switzerland
7 min read • May 4, 2023
Exploring Switzerland with kids is child’s play. Find the perfect activities with this guide to the top things to do as a family.
- Postcard from Hudson Valley - my trip to upstate New York in photos
5 min read • May 3, 2023
British photographer Holly-Marie Cato shares her top tips and recommendations for a weekend break to Hudson Valley, New York.
- Edinburgh in 5 Shops: local art, Scottish tweed and cozy knitwear
4 min read • May 2, 2023
Edinburgh offers a diverse range of new and vintage goods, catering to tourists, students and locals alike.
- The 15 best places to visit in Italy, from Rome to the Amalfi Coast
11 min read • May 2, 2023
Home to some of the greatest artworks, historical monuments and food on the planet, Italy elates, inspires and moves its visitors like few other countries.
- 9 of Maine’s best beaches for iconic lighthouses, rocky tide pools and even moose sightings
7 min read • May 1, 2023
The water may be chilly, but Maine has some of the most dynamic beaches in the country, from Acadia National Park to Portland.
- You've probably never been to Cévennes National Park. Here's why you should
9 min read • Apr 30, 2023
Cévennes National Park is an expanse of wilderness and culture that is not to be missed. We've got everything a first-time visitor needs for a trip.
- Yosemite National Park to temporarily close due to expected snowmelt flooding
2 min read • Apr 28, 2023
Yosemite National Park will temporarily close due to forecasted flooding from snowmelt. Here's what to expect if you had plans to visit.