- 8 New York City neighborhoods to experience any time of year
10 min read • Mar 18, 2023
New York City is so eclectic that you could visit a neighborhood a day and barely scratch the surface. These eight are a great place to start.
- 10 of the best things to do in San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 min read • Mar 1, 2023
Experience the best of Puerto Rico’s vibrant capital, San Juan, with this guide to the top things to do.
- 20 free things to do in Barcelona from parks to public art
10 min read • Feb 18, 2023
Barcelona is a dream for culture vultures and foodies, but entry fees and tapas bills can mount up. Here are the 20 best free things to do in Barcelona.
- 8 great Carnival celebrations in Latin America and the Caribbean
6 min read • Feb 15, 2023
More than 50 countries across the world host Carnival, but it's in Latin America and the Caribbean that you will find its beating heart. These are the best.
- 11 incredible places to celebrate the spring equinox in 2023
5 min read • Jan 30, 2023
For many cultures, the spring equinox signifies a rebirth. Here are 11 incredible places to mark the changing of the season.
- 10 movies and TV series that will inspire your next trip
4 min read • Dec 30, 2022
Lonely Planet staffers share the movies and TV shows that inspire their wanderlust.
- The 10 best exhibitions not to miss in the USA in 2023
7 min read • Dec 28, 2022
These exhibitions throughout the US offer the chance to learn, look and get inspired in 2023.
- 6 great US winter resorts you can enjoy even if you hate skiing
6 min read • Nov 29, 2022
Skiing isn't for everyone, but there's no denying the charms of an alpine village. Here are the best for non-skiers.
- A reason to travel to Sydney in December: the new Sydney Modern gallery
5 min read • Nov 23, 2022
The new Sydney Modern, an expansion of the Art Gallery of New South Wales, promises a world-class facility to showcase the best in contemporary art.
- A reason to travel to San Francisco this month: the new Institute of Contemporary Art
4 min read • Oct 5, 2022
The Institute of Contemporary Art San Francisco is part of a wave of new art in the Dogpatch neighborhood - and it's the perfect reason to plan a trip.
- 5 best Caribbean destinations to celebrate Christmas this year
4 min read • Sep 28, 2022
It's not too late to catch the cultural festivities and relaxation at these 5 best Caribbean destinations this Christmas
- 9 US cities that do Día de Muertos right and when to go in 2022
7 min read • Sep 28, 2022
In early November, millions memorialize the departed with Día de Muertos. Here are the best US celebrations for 2022.
- Halloween, Día de los Muertos and more spooky festivals around the world
5 min read • Sep 28, 2022
From a New Orleans moonlit cemetery tour to the flamboyance of Hong Kong’s hippest party district, here are five of the best Halloween travel destinations.
- Highlights of the Met: how to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1, 3 or 8 hours
10 min read • Sep 21, 2022
The Met has enough in its collection to keep an art lover occupied for years. But what if you haven't got that long? These itineraries can help.
- 9/11 anniversary: How this remnant of the World Trade Center became a symbol of NYC's resilience
5 min read • Sep 6, 2022
Follow the incredible journey of The Sphere, the World Trade Center's iconic sculpture that endured 9/11.